|Request for Proposal (RFP)
Management of the Sundarbans Mangrove Forests for Biodiversity Conservation and Increased Adaptation to Climate Change (SMP) is a project of the Bangladesh Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and the Bangladesh Forest Department (BFD), supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.GOPA Worldwide Consultants, a leading Germany-based international consulting firm is supporting the implementation of SMP through providing technical assistance for natural resource management particularly in the areas of co-management and protected area management.
GOPA Worldwide Consultants invites innovative proposals from experienced and interested national NGOs for‘Capacity Development for Sundarbans’ Village Conservation Fora and Peoples Fora, with a special focus on resource users’ in-line with the following framework:
a) Assessment of Resource Users’ Dependency on Sundarbans Reserved Forest Resources
- Collect systematic and comprehensive data of the community households that are within and outside of the Village Conservation Forum (VCF). Collected data should give an overview of varied livelihood status and help to identify individual households that dependent most on Sundarbans’ resources;
- Collect data on supports (cash, inkind, and/ortraining) that households have received from previous and ongoing projects,NGOs, and/or the government and challenges they face to market their products;
- Analyze collected data and make gradation of households according to the degree of dependency on Sundarbans’ resources as well as list genuine resource users whose livelihoods are mostly dependent on the Sundarbans’ resources.
b) Institutional Capacity Development
- Identify entry points of capacity development for VCFs and Peoples Forum (PF) in Chandpai Range with particular focus on Sundarbans’ resource users’ empowerment and participation in decision making at different tiers;
- SupportCo-Management Organization (CMO), particularly VCF and PF; capacity development activities including awareness programs, trainings, exposure visits, other learning events on resource harvesting, relevant laws,rules and procedures, joint conservation efforts, etc.;
- Identify activities to improve networking abilities of VCF and PF with other relevant institutions, mobilize to access different funding sources to community and individual households’ benefit, improve abilities to access services offered by different providers;
- Develop necessary training modules, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials required for capacity building and smooth implementation of interventions;
- Implement activities according to approved approach and work plan.
c) Leadership development
- During trainings and other events identify suitable candidates to be further supported in leadership development;
- Implement specific leadership development interventions.
d) Gender mainstreaming
- Propose gender inclusive activities and measures that would contribute to women empowerment, ensurewomen’s activeparticipation in CMOs and enhance knowledge of gender equality among co-management stakeholders;
- Propose a monitoring system as well as an implementation mechanism in order to measure the effectiveness of different activities.
Based on the aforementioned tasks, the interested NGO shall propose an innovative elaborated strategy and work-plan for working in the Chandpai Range peripheral areas of the Sundarbans over a period of 22 (twenty two) months, describing the range of activities in terms of time, content, necessary setup and anticipated costs and staffs.
Interested NGOs can collect the detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) by email through Humayun.Kabir@gopa.de.
Candidates with relevant and proven experience shall submit their technical proposals along with their profiles and financial proposals describing rates and terms by October 22, 2016 in separate sealed envelopes toTeam Leader, GOPA, Sundarbans Management Project, German House, Road 90, House 10A, Gulshan 2, Dhaka denoted with the remark “Services for Capacity Development of Sundarbans’ Village Conservation Fora and Peoples Fora, with a special focus on resource users“.